Search This Blog

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Simple New Arrangements for String Orchestra

When I was little, I lived in Terrington St. Clement in England and I have fond memories of gathering with all of the students at my little school and singing songs together.  My favorite song was 'Lord of the Dance' - which is the same tune as 'Simple Gifts.'  That is why I picked that tune for some easy beginning orchestra arrangements.  I just completed 2 versions - one is easy, and the other is even easier.

Last week, I had my advanced orchestra sightread this little piece, and it sounded pretty good - it worked really well for a sight-reading activity.  You can find the score and parts for these arrangements totally FREE at my website:  www.orchestraclassroom.com.

Here is a sample of the 'harder' version:




And this is the really simplified version:





No comments:

Post a Comment