Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

After the Final Concert - what to do that last few days of rehearsal



My final concert was last night.  Sometimes it can be difficult to figure out what to do those last few days of rehearsal.  Today I passed out music for NEXT school year.  It helped students get really excited for next year because now they love the music that I selected and they are excited for what is to come.  This could also be a great way to retain students - keep them looking forward to fun opportunities.  We listened to each piece and sightread through everything.  I told students to listen to recordings and practice the music over the summer.  Students who do this will be used in a leadership role next year.  I have many students who want to step up and be leaders - and they were happy to receive this assignment.

Tomorrow we are going to have BLAST FROM THE PAST day where we will play few pieces from earlier in the year and from previous years.  Students are super excited to play through some of their old favorites and it will be interesting to see if they remember everything.  I think this is a great use of the last few days of school.  :)  It keeps students working and I feel that a regular rehearsal routine keeps everybody in line.


1 comment:

  1. I too did a something old, something new, something improvised, and something blue/green a ribbon challenge. Using your minute to win it games on Monday. Spoons was a great hit!

    ReplyDelete