Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2016

I would love your support!



A few weeks ago, my 8th grade orchestra entered a video into the 'Music In Our Schools Tour' contest by the Give a Note Foundation.  I just found out that we have been selected as a semi-finalist in the West division.  This is so exciting for me and my students!  It would mean a lot for us to win...and now we have a 50/50 chance.

Let me tell you a little about my program at Spanish Fork Junior High School in Spanish Fork, Utah.  I started teaching at this school in 2012 after being a stay at home mom and having 5 children.  In 2012, the orchestra program had 3 orchestras with 63 total students.  Now in 2016, we have 215 students and I teach full time.  Due to the rapid growth of the program, we are constantly in need of instruments.  Currently, there are 2 students assigned to every school-owned cello.  It makes our concerts a little crazy - passing around cellos back stage.  If we win this contest, our school would receive a grant which would greatly help our growing orchestra program.

Your support and vote would really make a difference!  It's easy to vote...just a click of a button and you can vote every day until Feb. 10.  Please vote, share, post, etc!

LINK FOR VOTING:  http://www.giveanote.org/2016-mios-tour-semi-finalists/west/

Vote for Spanish Fork Junior High! Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment