Search This Blog

Friday, August 15, 2014

Using Kahoot for the first day of school

I am just toying with the idea of using a Kahoot on the first day of school.  This is a quiz that is projected on the screen in front of the class and students use their smart phones to answer the questions.  I whipped up a little sample, just in case I decide to try it with my students next week.  It's a bit silly, but I want students to relax and have fun.

Kahoots are very simple to create and the accounts are free if you want to make your own.

You can try it here by clicking the PREVIEW button...

https://create.kahoot.it/#quiz/45b15877-c1d0-4730-8b35-404fbf91fa73

Here is another one based more on a survey style...I like this one better:

https://create.kahoot.it/#survey/cfc7418a-7e1a-47d4-9b05-21abffc5e118

One problem that happen with this type of technology is that there are always going to be students in the classroom without a phone and they would not be able to participate.  One way to get around this would be to label each corner of your classroom with the colored shapes used in the Kahoot for the different choices.  Then you can have students physically move to the corner of the room based on the answer they choose.


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm an Orchestra teacher from Southeastern Idaho and I LOVE your ideas! I've been searching the internet for many years to try and find things to give me ideas for my classes and there just isn't much out there. I just wanted you to know that these are great and I'm hoping to try quite a few of them in my classes this year.

    Thank you very, very much!

    Jill Durrant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for posting a comment...sometimes I wonder if anyone is reading this blog. :) I am glad you are finding some ideas...I'd love to hear how it works out.

      Delete