Search This Blog

Monday, June 1, 2015

A Sneak Peek at my new book coming soon: Before the Method Book

UPDATE:  This book is now finished!  Check it out -- http://orchestrateacher.blogspot.com/2015/06/its-finished-true-beginning-before.html

I have been writing a book called "The True Beginning: Before the Method Book."  After analyzing and studying the many different method books available to the string orchestra teacher, I realized that none of the books give adequate instruction for the very most important stage of a beginning string player....the beginning!  I spend at least 2-3 weeks setting up my beginners before I even crack open the method book, yet every method book dedicates only one page to establishing position and bowing.  Here are a few sample pages from the start of the book.  The book will be ready by the end of the summer with over 40 pages packed full of great tips and info!






2 comments:

  1. I would like to get a copy when this has been done thanks... smoras14@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is finished. You can find it at orchestraclassroom.com. It's called 'The True Beginning: Before the Method Book'

      Delete