Search This Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Teaching Music Magazine - October 2015, page 22 - Here I am!


During the summer, I was honored to be interviewed for an article in Teaching Music Magazine (published by NAfME) about technology in the orchestra classroom.  Yesterday I received my copy in the mail and I was so excited to see the article in print.  I love using technology in my classroom and I have found many ways in incorporate technology.  The article could only mention a few of the ways I use technology in my classroom, but soon I will write a post with more ideas.

This week to encourage my students to practice, I gave them an assignment involving the use of technology.  Students had to record themselves during part of their practice using a phone, ipad, or other recording device.  Next they answered questions about the things they noticed about their playing.  I have been so impressed with the insightful comments students have been making about their practice sessions.  After watching themselves in the recordings, many students have a renewed desire to work harder and get better.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! I'm excited for the tech posts too :)

    ReplyDelete