Search This Blog

Friday, September 7, 2018

Note reading struggles



It's that time of year to teach note-reading.  I always begin by teaching students where the open strings are on the staff.  We practice memorizing them using dry-erase packets and students are able to learn them very quickly.  Some students struggle with the transition from seeing large notes on a large staff to smaller notes.  They have to learn to carefully distinguish the difference between the notes.  To help students transition to a regular sized staff I created  this worksheet...enjoy!








3 comments:

  1. How can I get these resources? I have seen the same thing in my classroom. Thanks for everything you create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be able to click on each image above and print them. If they don't print right let me know - when I have some time I can put them on TPT.

      Delete
  2. You have an amazing site here! Thanks for all your effort!

    ReplyDelete