Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Using google slides for ONLINE activites


 

There are some things I totally LOVE about online learning.  I've been creating rhythm building activities in Google Slides for my students to learn how to build and count rhythms in 4/4 time.  These activities have been AWESOME for my students.  Today I used a rhythm building activity by sharing the file as a google cloud assignment in Canvas.  That automatically creates a copy for each student.  In class, I divided students into groups and had them work together to create/build rhythms and practice counting.  Why in groups?  Because I've been taking tech classes where I learned students do better with technology activities when they work in groups because it keeps everyone on task.  I found this to be totally true.  Everyone particpated and worked to help each other build and count.  And I feel this technology helped my students learn rhythm better and faster than any regular old worksheet.  ;)



Here's a link to the easy rhythm building activity: (this link will automatically have you create a copy in your own google drive so I can keep my original intact)

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1GYw4wJL8gTAksBPu80CmBp7vwwr0ZHVbHwNs-CnccBQ/copy?usp=sharing


This activity worked so well, I created another one with dotted quarters and single eighth notes: 

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1x0Cb-LPBctUpPAQOwA2hHu1cvur4-lFTnZRi-QjDRQs/copy?usp=sharing


And, I'm excited to help my students understand fingerboard geography better with this drag and drop activity.  You can have students do all the notes on the fingerboard, just naturals, or notes from scales.  So many possibilities!  

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1RyVFJhYsufOUgG4zk0YUFw7rOl3NFkaLRKHMOmVGw4U/copy?usp=sharing



No comments:

Post a Comment