Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2022

Orchestra Student Binders


 

I decided to make binders to keep on every music stand in my classroom.  I got this idea from some awesome teachers in Georgia - shout out to Amy Clement and Sarah Ball!  

Every minute counts in an orchestra rehearsal.  By placing materials in binders, every student will have what they need.  No more hunting down music for that kid who was absent, or making a new copy of our warm-ups because somebody left theirs at home.  I'm still going to give each student a folder and music they can take home for practice, but binders will stay at school on the music stands.  

Just filled my binders today and I'm excited to use them!




Here's what I'm putting in my binders:

1. I designed a fun cover for each instrument:






2.  File tabs to separate each section:  

Part 1:  From Rote to Note - this a resource I created and my current fav. to use to get beginners started.



 Part 2:  Bornoff Primer - this is my first year using Bornoff and I'm excited to use this with my beginning and intermediate groups as warm-ups.  Available at fase.org



 Part 3: Rounds for Warm-ups - this is a resource I created and will use these for ensemble skills and warm-ups



Part 4: Fingerpattern drills - this is a resource I created for students to practice fingerpatterns on every string by key signature.



 Part 5 and 6  This is where I'll put the concert music for my beginning and intermediate classes.  (I haven't chosen music, yet...so it's empty)



2 comments:

  1. Angela, you have helped me so much when I started teaching beginners seven years ago. Before The Method Book has been my lifeline, and now I am a Bornoff teacher too. Debbie Lyle is the best! I've been considering binders for this year - thanks for the go ahead nod. Can I use your covers - they are terrific! - Erik Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea and super binder content. Fun covers too. Thanks for sharing your ideas and expertise with the world..

    ReplyDelete