Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2022

Ninja skills tracker for beginning orchestra


 

THIS WORKSHEET worked wonders in my beginning orchestra class. It shows each skill students must master in order to learn 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.' In class, I began the activity asking students to become teachers by helping 'grading' their stand partners on each skill. I prepared students by having them grade a sample of my playing during a demonstration. Students were told they could NOT go on to the next belt until the previous belt was mastered. Each skill builds on previous skills, so posture, bow hold, and left hand position must stay consistent throughout in order to keep passing off belts. Stand partners then worked together to assess each skill. They spent time practicing together when needed in order to keep moving forward. The vast majority of my students earned the black belt in about 25 minutes. After doing this worksheet, my classes sounded transformed! Twinkle became a piece of cake. :)

Get yours HERE!




No comments:

Post a Comment