Search This Blog

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Beginning Orchestra Self-Assessment using I Can Statements

This week, I created this document and had students self-assess their abilities.  These are the things I want my students to master right away.  I found it very interesting to see how students filled in these papers.  They answered very honestly and I became aware of students who need my help.  I am now directing my teaching based on student needs.  It also helped students know my expectations and it shows students the things they need to be focusing on during practice.


6 comments:

  1. I love it! Man, your stuff is just gold! Thank you so much for sharing everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I was just about to write exactly what Ana alread wrote! This blog is Gold!
    Regards /Sven, violin & Orchestra teacher in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you willing to share terms 2&3?? These are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't created a specific one for terms 2 and 3, but I really should do it this year. I'll work on it. :)

      Delete