Search This Blog

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Advanced Bow Games



I love bow games because they are fast, easy, and students develop excellent bow holds and bowing skills through the simple games.  About halfway through the year, I tell students that they are ready for the 'Advanced' bow games.  I just made these up, but I feel they are beneficial for developing tone, straight bows, and pre-spicatto technique.  Plus, it's nice to introduce new bow games, since students begin to tire of the same old bow games.

I don't like being on video, but I thought it would be easier to demonstrate these bow games than to describe them.  It was a bit tricky to keep my 5 kids quiet during this video, but they made it.  Unfortunately, our pet bird wouldn't be quiet, so you'll hear an annoying bird in the video.  :)  Also, the sound is pretty quiet and I don't own a decent microphone, but hopefully you will get the idea.  Here is a link to my video explaining my 'Advanced' bow games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6ACrpg-pOs






No comments:

Post a Comment