Search This Blog

Friday, February 6, 2015

NEW Note-Reading Matching Game for the Orchestra Classroom!



 Let's face it.  Students don't usually love practicing flashcards.  I was thinking about how I can get students to practice flashcards for new notes that we have been learning in class, and the idea for this game popped into my head.  It's really simple and I think more beneficial than practicing  flashcards the old fashioned way.

This is a game that includes a game-board and flashcards for each instrument.  The game-boards are set up just like the fingerboard of the instrument.  Students play the game by placing the flashcard (note) on the correct note name on the fingerboard.  I love it because it allows students to memorize note names while also memorizing where the notes are found on their instruments.

I recommend printing the game-boards and flashcards on cardstock.  I had my TA cut out all of the flashcards and then put one gameboard and one set of flashcards in a manilla envelope to make individual packets.    Now it is very easy to me to pass out  the game and collect them without losing any pieces.

Here is a sample of of what the game looks like.  The set comes with gameboards and flashcard pieces for violin, viola, cello, and bass.  You can purchase the game at my STORE!






No comments:

Post a Comment